WCMCA Staff Members
Missy Becker-Cook, Director of Operations and Interim Executive Director
Responsible for the hiring, training, and terminating of Agency personnel. Missy is also responsible for the Employee Handbook, Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity plans and is the Agency Safety Officer. She is also responsible for all Agency benefit administration for employees and orientation of all new employees. She is the liaison to the Personnel Committee of the Board of Directors.
Direct Line: 218-685-7063
Administrative staff can be reached as follows:
- Frannie Hunter, Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7026
- Bobbie Batesole, Receptionist/Secretary, 218-685-7027
- Darlane Miller, Receptionist/Secretary, 218-685-7028
Carol Boyer, Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for all the financial activities of the Agency. The Fiscal Department receives and pays all invoices, oversees the purchase of equipment and supplies, undergoes an independent annual audit, prepares policy and procedure manuals, and manages the various funds used by the Agency to conduct its business.
Direct Line: 218-685-7013
Fiscal staff can be reached as follows:
- Heather Carlson, Fiscal Supervisor/Grants Management, 218-685-7032
- Amanda Duenow, Associate Accountant/Payroll, 218-685-7001
- Kim Englund, Associate Accountant, 218-685-7082
- Dianne Buck, IT Manager, 218-685-7020
Valerie Arnquist, Head Start Director
Responsible for managing the Head Start Program that is a comprehensive child development program designed for young children and their families in the areas of health, nutrition, social service, parent involvement, and education. The program is designed to serve low-income children and their families. Some children with special needs may be enrolled regardless of income.
Direct Line: 218-685-7094
Head Start main office staff can be reached as follows:
- Deb Henry, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7019
- Kathy Larson, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7048
- Jim Haugen, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7039
- Peggy Dauphinais, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7072
- Taanna Horn, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7088
- Jody Loher, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7040
- Stephanie Jacobson, HS Systems Specialist, 218-685-7084
- Julie Dahlen, HS Systems Specialist, 218-685-7044
- Bonnie Fabian, HS Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7009
- Carrie Carlsrud, HS Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7014
- Mary Cullen, HS Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7059
- Tracy Zickur, HS Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7090
Mandy Braaten, Energy/Housing Director
Responsible for the Energy Assistance, Energy Related Repair, Crisis, Home Weatherization, and Otter Tail Power and Reliant Energy Conservation Improvement Programs (CIPs). These programs assist low-income households with financial help to pay energy costs, provide heating related repairs for emergencies, and provide one-time weatherization grants to reduce home heating costs.
Direct Line: 218-685-7058
Energy Assistance staff can be reached as follows:
- Michelle Seidel, EAP Coordinator, 218-685-7062
- Janet Cleveland, EAP Receptionist, 218-685-7037
- Megan Andreasen, EAP ERR Specialist, 218-685-7061
- Allison Lane, EAP ERR Specialist, 218-685-7003
- Joni Gilbertson, EAP Specialist, 218-685-7043
- Andrea Goeden, EAP Specialist, 218-685-7025
- Kendal Sethre, EAP Specialist, 218-512-1549 (Moorhead Office)
Weatherization staff can be reached as follows:
- Diane Bender, Weatherization Coordinator, 218-685-7021
- Amy Lohse, Weatherization Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7002
- Joe Niehaus, Lead Housing Auditor, 218-685-7041
- Toby Weigand, Weatherization Auditor, 218-685-7089
- Gene Wyttenback, Weatherization Auditor, 218-685-7030
Housing/MURL staff can be reached as follows:
- John Pritschet, Housing Coordinator, 218-685-7042
- Heidi Grove, Housing Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7033
Jill Amundson, Statewide FAIM Director
Jill manages the Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota Program in which individuals save money for home purchase, small business, or post-secondary education, with matched at a rate of three to one; the Family Loan Program designed to assist families achieve self-sufficiency through grant installment loans in partnership with McKnight Foundation which focuses on employment, continuing education, and transportation requirements.
Jill also oversees MNSure, SNAP outreach and the Live Well at Home programs.
Direct Line: 218-685-7038
Staff can be reached as follows:
Heather Molesworth, Family and Community Services Director
Phone: 218-685-7047 or 320-762-4100
Heather oversees the Foreclosure Prevention Assistance Program which is mortgage foreclosure assistance; FEMA, and Transitional Housing Program to assist people in moving from homelessness to permanent housing, and the Free Tax Clinics.
Family and Community Services Staff:
- Kelli Winter, Family and Community Services Coordinator, Alexandria Office, 320-815-2692
- Kathy Scharnowske, Family and Community Services Administrative Assistant, Alexandria Office, 320-304-3458
- Amber Holmstrom, Family and Community Services Counselor, Alexandria Office, 218-770-6772
- Stephanie Muxfeldt, Tax Site Program Coordinator, 218-685-7008
Heather is also responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of PLUS Kids Supervised Visitation and Safe Exchange Center located in Alexandria. PLUS Kids (Parents Love Us Kids) is designed to provide a positive, neutral and safe environment for the exchange or supervised visitation of children by separated parents in cases where visitation would otherwise be difficult due to issues of conflict or abuse. PLUS Kids serves Douglas, Pope, Stearns, Todd, and Morrison counties along with surrounding counties.
In addition, Heather manages the Fathers’ Resource Program serving Douglas County. The Fathers’ Resource Program offers a variety of services such as pro se court motions including child support modifications, establish custody motions, change of custody, and parenting time assistance motions. The Fathers’ Resource Program works with the parent to ensure that all paper work is completed correctly. The Fathers’ Resource Program doesn’t provide legal advice, but the program can help gather information to support the motion.
PLUS Kids/Fathers’ Resource Staff:
- Trish Bottema
- Deb Vikander
- Kim Tostenson
- Maggie Frankl
- Jodi Townsend (Intern)
- Mikkel Anderson, Fathers’ Resource Counselor, 320-762-3031, FAX 320-762-3038