WCMCA Staff Members
Stephen Nagle, Executive Director
Steve is the Executive Director of West Central Minnesota Community Action, Inc. He has served WCMCA since 1998, but has worked in the Community Action network for over 25 years beginning as an outreach worker. As Executive Director, Steve directly supervises the project managers and represents the agency to governmental units and funding sources and reports directly to the WCMCA Board of Directors.
Steve is past chair of the Minnesota Community Action Association and is active in state-wide initiatives. He has been active in housing efforts and has worked closely with Habitat for Humanity.
Steve graduated from Mankato State University in 1974 with a teaching degree, and from Moorhead State University in 1990 with a Masters Degree in Public and Human Service Administration.
Direct Line: 218-685-7085
Missy Becker-Cook, Director of Operations
Responsible for the hiring, training, and terminating of Agency personnel. Missy is also responsible for the Employee Handbook, Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity plans and is the Agency Safety Officer. She is also responsible for all Agency benefit administration for employees and orientation of all new employees. She is the liaison to the Personnel Committee of the Board of Directors.
Direct Line: 218-685-7063
Administrative staff can be reached as follows:
- Frannie Hunter, Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7026
- Bobbie Batesole, Receptionist/Secretary, 218-685-7028
- Julie Zimmerman, Receptionist/Secretary, 218-685-7027
Carol Boyer, Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for all the financial activities of the Agency. The Fiscal Department receives and pays all invoices, oversees the purchase of equipment and supplies, undergoes an independent annual audit, prepares policy and procedure manuals, and manages the various funds used by the Agency to conduct its business.
Direct Line: 218-685-7013
Fiscal staff can be reached as follows:
- Heather Carlson, Fiscal Supervisor/Grants Management, 218-685-7032
- Shawn Bouldin, Fiscal Assistant/Accounts Payable, 218-685-7082
- Amanda Duenow, Fiscal Assistant/Payroll, 218-685-7001
- Dianne Buck, IT Manager, 218-685-7020
Valerie Arnquist, Head Start Director
Responsible for managing the Head Start Program that is a comprehensive child development program designed for young children and their families in the areas of health, nutrition, social service, parent involvement, and education. The program is designed to serve low-income children and their families. Some children with special needs may be enrolled regardless of income.
Direct Line: 218-685-7094
Head Start main office staff can be reached as follows:
- Deb Henry, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7019
- Kathy Larson, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7048
- Jim Haugen, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7039
- Peggy Dauphinais, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7072
- Taanna Horn, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7088
- Jody Loher, HS Supervisor, 218-685-7040
- Shonna Gnahn, HS Health Supervisor, 218-685-7083
- Stephanie Jacobson, HS Systems Specialist, 218-685-7084
- Julie Dahlen, HS Systems Specialist, 218-685-7044
- Bonnie Fabian, HS Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7009
- Carrie Carlsrud, HS Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7014
- Mary Cullen, HS Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7059
- Tracy Zickur, HS Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7090
Mandy Braaten, Energy/Housing Director
Responsible for the Energy Assistance, Energy Related Repair, Crisis, Home Weatherization, and Otter Tail Power and Reliant Energy Conservation Improvement Programs (CIPs). These programs assist low-income households with financial help to pay energy costs, provide heating related repairs for emergencies, and provide one-time weatherization grants to reduce home heating costs.
Direct Line: 218-685-7058
Energy Assistance staff can be reached as follows:
- Janet Cleveland, EAP/WX Receptionist, 218-685-7037
- Michelle Seidel, EAP Coordinator, 218-685-7062
- Megan Andreasen, EAP ERR Specialist, 218-685-7061
- Allison Lane, EAP ERR Specialist, 218-685-7000
- Joni Gilbertson, EAP Intake, 218-685-7043
- Barb Keep, EAP Intake, 218-685-7006
- Brad Korn, EAP Intake, 218-685-7010
- Linda Rupp, EAP Intake, 218-685-7054
- Roger Toso, EAP Intake, 218-685-7077
- Marysol Hankel, Moorhead EAP Intake, 218-299-7846
- Nancy Hillier-Fensom, Moorhead EAP Intake, 218-299-7294
Weatherization staff can be reached as follows:
- Diane Bender, EAP/Weatherization Services Coordinator, 218-685-7021
- Amy Lohse, Weatherization Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7002
- Joe Niehaus, Lead Housing Auditor, 218-685-7041
- Toby Weigand, Weatherization Auditor, 218-685-7089
- Gene Wyttenback, Weatherization Auditor, 218-685-7030
Housing/MURL staff can be reached as follows:
- John Pritschet, Housing Coordinator, 218-685-7042
- Heidi Grove, Housing Administrative Assistant, 218-7033
Jill Amundson, State FAIM Director
Jill manages the Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota Program in which individuals save money for home purchase, small business, or post-secondary education, with matched at a rate of three to one; the Family Loan Program designed to assist families achieve self-sufficiency through grant installment loans in partnership with McKnight Foundation which focuses on employment, continuing education, and transportation requirements; the Foreclosure Prevention Assistance Program which is mortgage foreclosure assistance; FEMA, and Transitional Housing Program to assist people in moving from homelessness to permanent housing.
Direct Line: 218-685-7038
Family and Community Services staff can be reached as follows:
- Crystal Peterson, FAIM Data Coordinator, 218-685-7016
- Patti Olson, , Family and Community Services Administrative Assistant 218-685-7071
- Bonnie Ask, Tax Administrative Assistant, 218-685-7008
- Kelli Winter, Family and Community Services Coordinator, Alexandria Office, 320-815-2692
- Robbie Stier, Family and Community Services Counselor, 218-685-7076
- Kathy Scharnowske, Family and Community Services Administrative Assistant, Alexandria Office, 320-304-3458
- Amber Holmstrom, Family and Community Services Counselor, Alexandria Office, 218-770-6772
Heather Molesworth, Parent Time Services Director
Heather is responsible for the day-to-day operations of PLUS Kids Supervised Visitation and Safe Exchange Center located in Alexandria. PLUS Kids (Parents Love Us Kids) is designed to provide a positive, neutral and safe environment for the exchange or supervised visitation of children by separated parents in cases where visitation would otherwise be difficult due to issues of conflict or abuse. PLUS Kids serves Douglas, Pope, Stearns, Todd, and Morrison counties along with surrounding counties.
The PLUS Kids Program is a safe exchange program located in Douglas County.
PLUS Kids Staff:
- Trish B.
- Deb V.
- Jeff F.
- Kim T.
- Mikkel Anderson –Fathers’ Resource Counselor